The Way We Use Information
We collect only the customer information deemed necessary to better provide our services: names, addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, and any other information needed to respond to our customers’ individual needs. We use the information you provide for the following purposes:
1. To send catalogs and direct mail to customers who wish to receive them.
2. To contact customers if and when deemed necessary.
How You Can Modify Your Information
Customers are able to change, add, or delete the personal information registered on this site. Please contact us to change, add, or remove personal information. We will respond in a prompt and appropriate manner. Please contact us if you have any questions regarding changes, additions, deletions, or concerns about personal information.
Our Commitment to Data Security
To ensure the proper management of your information, we have put in place the appropriate security systems and internal managerial procedures needed to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Sharing and Disclosure of Personal Information
We do not share or disclose your information with outside parties unless:
1. we have your prior consent;
2. we must disclose or provide your information to one of our partners in order to perform requested services;
3. it is disclosed or provided as statistical data in a form that does not include any personally identifiable information;
4. we have entered into a contract that ensures confidentiality, prohibits re-use of information, and establishes responsibility assignment with other parties who maintain the same standards of data security as Maruhiro;
5. we are required by legal obligation to provide courts, prosecutors, police, and other judicial or administrative authorities with information;
6. we deem it reasonably necessary in order to protect our or a third party’s rights, property, safety, or other interests.